Grade 1 - £22,366 - £22,737Pro rata term time 10 hours a week
Consultation grade - subject to formal evaluation under the Pay Equity Review
Bournville Village Primary Linden Road, Birmingham B30 1JY
We are a Living Wage Employer, and all our roles will be paid as such where the pay scales are below the Living Wage rate.
Cityserve is the Birmingham City Council multi- award winning catering service for school meals providing fresh and nutritious food for school kitchen across the UK, healthy eating is a continuous theme throughout all of our menus and we are committed to the wellbeing of pupils. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment, delivers excellent customer service and is able motivate and support team members.
As a General Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the preparation and cooking meals for pupils
• Assisting with all aspects of the service
• Assist keeping the kitchen clean & tidy, washing up sweeping and mopping
• To assist with setting up of dining room, putting out furniture
• Willing to attend training sessions classroom and online
• To be aware of the pupils needs, dietary and allergen requirements
You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in schools kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
About You; Essential:
• Good people skills
• Passion about food and customer service
• Great team player
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Food Safety Level 2
Skills & experience
• Experience in a similar environment
• Food Safety Level 2 or working towards
• High standards and quality driven
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Working times are Monday - Friday term time
This post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
You must upload a Supporting Statement via the attachments part of your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement, your application will not be considered. Please do not attach CVs as we do not accept them.
“Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information”
For any informal enquires please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
Proof of Right to work in the UK will be required for all applicants in accordance with UK Home Office requirements, before any employment offer can be confirmed.
Job Description and Person Specification