Office Support Manager
Salary: £27,803 - £31,364
Do you enjoy playing a leading role in facilitating a long-term strategic goal? Are you keen to make a real impact to a disadvantaged community? Do you enjoy supporting others to see a project through to its conclusion?
Christ Church Primary School is a place where we strive to make a big difference to enhance the lives and education of our children and community through our values, ethos and the education we provide where we ‘Love to learn and Learn to love’. Centred around a culture where everyone holds high expectations and where we believe everyone can succeed, we are looking for an organised and efficient individual to support the Headteacher and wider school operation in the background, helping to make things happen.
The ideal candidate will:
- Able to give a long-standing commitment and show a keenness to being an integral part of the school’s journey forward over time
- Have some experience in using financial information and in budget monitoring
- Be able to communicate warmly and professionally with contractors, external services and all school stakeholders
- Have impeccable standards of grammar with a secure and working command of English
- Be able to set up processes and schedules, embracing the principles of sound operational management
- Demonstrate the ability and an understanding of people management techniques
- Be competent and efficient in word processing and in using a range of computer software packages to prepare reports and support administration such as the Microsoft Office Suite
- Be able to adapt and respond calmly and effectively to situations which arise in real time
- Manage sensitive information discretely, maintain confidentiality at all times and hold the Headteacher’s counsel
- Have a sense of humour
Previous experience in business or industry is advantageous and experience of working in a school, although helpful, is not essential
We would encourage prospective applicants to come and have a look around the school, where there will be a chance to meet with myself and see the school site. Please contact the school office on 01283 247400 to make an appointment.
“This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
To apply for this post please download the application form.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st February 2024 at noon
Possible interview Date: Tuesday 27th February 2024
Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org