Geography Teacher – ECT’s/MPS/UPS
1.0 FTE Required as soon as the candidate is available
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community School of 1160 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by having a child-centered approach and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
- Is passionate about Geography with the ability to inspire students.
- Teaches engaging and challenging lessons that promote students’ abilities to learn independently and to respond effectively to feedback.
- Believes that Geography plays an important role in the development of students’ skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Is able to contribute to the geography team and take an active part in curriculum planning and preparation.
- Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live.
- Is willing to contribute to extra-curricular activities in Geography.
- Is keen to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want further to extend this reputation for excellence.
- Is prepared to accept and endorse the aims and policies of the school as outlined in the accompanying documentation.
- A school that has achieved the ‘Gold’ Carnegie standard of Excellence for Mental Health and Well-being
- A professional learning culture that is highly focused on developing your teaching craft.
- A strong community ethos built through a horizontal pastoral structure, to ensure we can give bespoke support at each year group level.
- A ‘stage not age’ attitude to career development opportunities
- A school that provides rich opportunities for extra-curricular activities
For further information, please visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk, or telephone 01952 386500 or email email@example.com.
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on X, Facebook or Instagram @BBS.
Closing date: 23rd
February at 5pm
Interview date: TBC
Candidates will only be contacted if they are shortlisted for interview.
Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy