Sandwell Housing Management Service has embarked on a transformation journey to refocus our resources on supporting our tenants to live and prosper in clean and safe neighbourhoods whilst prioritising those who most need our guidance and support.
Following a restructure of the service in 2023, we are looking for a Housing Services Advisor to provide planning and administration support to our Housing Services Officers, so that an effective service is in place for managing appointments and the resulting administration work.
We expect our Housing Services Advisors to:
• Assist the Housing Services Officers with planning and managing their workloads through the effective scheduling and management of appointments.
• Be responsible for the effective operation of the customer appointments system, including leading on proactive communication with customers, feedback on any issues / conflicts with resource planning, resolving issues relating to missed appointments and capturing customer feedback on the service provided.
• Accurately and swiftly process any administration work generated by the team e.g. processing signups, data input, data extraction.
• Maintain the electronic work scheduler database, liaising with the Housing Services Coordinator with any updates/changes required.
• Support lone working and similar tools to ensure the safety of Housing Services Officers.
• Arrange and attend interviews when required with Housing Services Officers in order to provide support with complex cases.
• Support Housing Services Officers with the arrangement and delivery of multi-agency case conferences and community meetings.
You must have excellent communication skills; a strong ability to deal with complex issues; a comprehensive knowledge of housing management functions as well as the ability to work in a demanding environment.
Please note that successful candidates will need to make themselves available for an
NB: Interviews will take place on Tuesday 6th March 2024
No other dates will be available.
For further details about this role please refer to the Job Description and Personnel Specification, if you require an informal discussion then please contact Teresa Warren-Donley via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
37 hours per week
The council operates hybrid working. This involves working from an agreed workplace location in the borough for at least two days a week.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/counciljobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for Applicants