About Us & The Role
At Race Leys Infant School, we cater for children from 4 years to 7 years. We are a happy, forward thinking school, passionate about ensuring all children have access to the highest quality education in a safe and stimulating environment.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Learning Mentor to join our fantastic team to provide pastoral support for children and families in our school.
The position is term time only with 38 weeks in total. The hours will be 25 hours per week, working pattern to be negotiated for the right candidate, but working over 5 days.
The appointment is to commence as soon as possible and will be a permanent contract.
We are looking for an individual who meets the following criteria:
• A relevant qualification in working with children at NVQ level 4 or equivalent
OR Qualification to NVQ 3 and considerable experience in working with young people in a relevant environment e.g. youth work, health service or social work.
• Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths at grade A - C
• Have undertaken training in behaviour management & child protection.
• Have undertaken or be willing to undertake Early Help Training.
• Experience of working with young people in a relevant professional environment (education, youth, health, social work)
• Experience of providing individual support to young people and ability to negotiate targets
• Experience of working with outside agencies
• Evidence of understanding young people’s emotional and educational needs
• Able to and experience of taking responsibility, working on own initiative and making decisions
• Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
• Value and respect the views and needs of children
• Able to plan and deliver programmes of work for focus groups of pupils under the direction of the Head Teacher and SENDCO.
• Is motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable.
• Has excellent communication skills.
In return we can offer:
- Children who are eager to learn.
- A forward-looking school with high expectations of all.
- A welcoming, supportive and committed staff team.
- A positive and encouraging environment in which to work and learn.
- Opportunities to develop professionally.
Relevant Allowances - None
How to apply/ Additional Information
The application pack is available to download from this site or can be requested from the school office (email email@example.com, Tel 024 76312221).
Completed application forms to be sent and marked for the attention of Mrs L Grant, School Business Manager
Race Leys Infant School
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept CV's and will only accept the Warwickshire County Council school application form. We only accept applications made directly to school by candidates via our application process and not via recruitment agencies.
Closing Date is 9.00am on Friday 23rd February 2024 with shortlisting to take place immediately afterwards.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 28th February 2024.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted further and invitations will be sent by email so please ensure you provide an email address in your application to be contacted on should you be shortlisted.
RACE LEYS INFANT SCHOOL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check, a barred list check and Disqualification Declaration. The job role you are applying for is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) which requires you to disclose all spent convictions and cautions except those which are ‘protected’ under Police Act 1997 – Part V and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 and 2020).