Start date 8 April 2024
We are seeking a passionate Teacher of RE to join our Religious Studies department in our secondary phase. You will be a fantastic motivator and will inspire students to achieve and exceed grades. You will be aligned to Ark’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have demonstrable evidence of improving outcomes. Our values mean a great deal to us and underpin all that we do, and so it is important that you champion Ark Victoria’s pledge of being Ambitious, Resilient and Kind as well as living by the Ark ethos and six pillars that enable us to achieve our mission.
The successful candidate will:
- be instrumental in our mission to provide every student a great education and real choices in life, regardless of their background
- be a passionate practitioner, delivering high-quality, rigorous lessons that drive achievement and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom
- plan and teach well-structured, differentiated lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every student’s intellectual curiosity
About Ark Victoria Academy Aim high, be brave, be kind, keep learning! Ark Victoria Academy is a high performing school across all key stages, providing pupils with a unique journey in their education through the curriculum, personal development programme, student experience offer and the vast range of opportunities that we are able to provide as an all-through school. 73% of all grades awarded at GCSE 2023 are grade 4 and above, against a national figure of 68%. 67% of students gained a grade 4 or above for English and maths. At KS2 82% of pupils gained the expected standard in reading, writing and maths, against a national figure of 59%. 87% of our pupils achieved the expected standard in reading and 85% in maths. Our provisional P8 score of +0.55, which based on last year's results would place us in the top 20% of all schools.
Whilst being a large school, we are able to retain a family feel, to nurture our pupils through their schooling and ensure that they leave us with the skills and qualifications necessary to continue their journey of life-long learning in a university or career of their choice. It's for this reason that Ark Victoria Academy was judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in May 2019, with a strong emphasis on expert subject knowledge from our teachers, strong teaching and leadership and a focus on excellence for our students and staff.
Why work for our school?
- hear what our teachers have to say about working at Ark Victoria Academy
- we take CPD seriously, which is why we offer twice the number of training days as standard
- our school’s ‘Wellbeing Wednesdays’ are a great hit – get in touch to find out more
- our staff can take advantage of our on-site fitness suite
- access to Ark Rewards scheme offering up to £1,000 a year in savings from over 3,000 major retailers
- interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycles
- gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
For an informal, conversation about the role please contact HR Manager, Kelly Mubarik on 0121 393 4459 or email@example.com
Please apply online
Please note we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check (where applicable) Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. An online search will also be carried out on all shortlisted candidates.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment.