Head Teacher - Ref: TV19517
A Special Head Teacher: Old Hall Special School
Bentley Lane, Walsall WS2 7LU
Salary: Group 3:- ISR L18 – L 24 (£59,264 - £68,643)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Old Hall is a ‘good’ school (Ofsted 2017) for pupils with SLD and PLMLD, within the age range 3-11 years. The school is well resourced with very good facilities.
Ofsted commended the school for its excellent relationships, commitment to high expectations and its strong ethos. The schools positive impact on pupil’s wellbeing and development was also highlighted and very effective.
The governors are now looking to appoint a forward thinking, strong leader with excellent leadership, management and communication skills for January 2017,(or before where possible).The successful candidate will need to have at least three years successful senior leadership experience and proven good practice in effectively teaching pupils with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties at primary level.
What we can offer you:
- A successful school with a recent good Ofsted judgement.
- Delightful children who love to express their personalities.
- A highly committed family of governors, effective and passionate staff and supportive parents.
- Strong support for your future and professional development.
What we would like you to bring to our school:
- Be an exceptional individual who inspires, demonstrates energy, passion and excellent leadership in a complex and changing environment.
- Leadership that enables our continued success and takes us on a journey to excellence together.
- Rigorous strategies to maintain our good standards of safeguarding for all children with varied needs and medical conditions.
- A commitment to working positively in partnership with all stakeholders within our community.
We strongly encourage all prospective candidates to visit the school. Please contact the school on 01902 368045 to make an appointment.
Return applications by post to:
The Bursar of Old Hall Special School, Bentley Lane. WS2 7LU
or by email to: Taran Kataria (The Bursar) TKataria@old-hall.walsall.sch.uk
Closing date for application: 12:00 noon Monday 3rd July 2017
Short listing date: Monday 10th July
Interview process: Thursday 13th and Friday 14th July