Biddulph High School is seeking to increase the team of casual exam invigilators to cover the exam periods throughout the academic year. The post is on a casual basis invigilating GCSE and A levels and helping to support students through the provision, supervision and monitoring of internal and external exams. Examinations do not take place on every day of the examination period.
The length of the sessions will vary according to the length of the examination, and the number of invigilators required for a session will vary according to the number of candidates sitting an examination.
You will be playing a vital role in supporting the school by providing important support to the students. Typical duties of the team include:
* Supervising the entry and seating of the candidates before the start of the examination.
* Giving out the examination papers.
* Leading the start and end of an exam. *
Checking the attendance register
. * Recording the seating plan.
* Remaining vigilant and supervising the students to ensure that they comply with the regulations throughout the examination.
* Collecting the finished scripts at the end of the examination.
* Supervising the orderly dismissal of the students from the examination room.
* Packing the scripts for posting.
* Checking that spare examination materials have been collected and returned to the Examinations' Manager
Working within a team of invigilators, you will report to the Data and Examinations Manager If you are interested in working on a casual basis and you can be flexible with your time, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please email Miss J Potts, Executive Personal Assistant and HR Co-Ordinator, for an application pack: firstname.lastname@example.org
Biddulph High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from the school or by visiting www.dbs.gov.uk
We are committed to equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.