Numeracy Support Officer
Are you looking for a new career and challenge? Join us on a journey to Beyond Outstanding!
Numeracy Support Officer
Permanent contract - 37 hours per week – Term time only
Required for September 2017, a Numeracy Support Officer to take a lead within the school to help improve attainment in Numeracy.
- Are you a Maths graduate?
- Might you want to become a teacher but you aren’t yet sure?
- We can train you and help you to decide.
The role will include implementing agreed work programmes with individual students and groups and support teaching staff in the development and education of students in specialist skills/knowledge as well as contributing to whole planning cycles. The role may be attractive to a Maths graduate who is considering a career in teaching.
Do you possess the following attributes?
- Ability to be an exceptional member of staff with clear capacity and the desire to improve
- Potential to progress in your career
- Possession of a wide range of skills to support our staff, students, parents and community towards excellence
- The skills, experience and ability to gain the confidence of students and staff
- Professional presence, capability and clarity with an excellent demonstration of the ability to motivate and empower
- A clear sense of fun, energy, drive and passion
If you would like an informal conversation prior to applying or to arrange a visit please contact the school office to arrange an appointment – 01384 816165.
Closing date: Wednesday 5th July at 12 noon
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Job description and person spec