Customer Team Leader - Ref: CH10923Salary: G9 £38,223 - £43,421 per annumContract: Full-time, permanent
At Walsall Council, we believe that people are at the heart of everything we do. In our work, the way we listen and respond to our customers and colleagues will decide the way we grow and bring Council’s vision to life. To succeed, we must push the boundaries of customer service and added value -outstanding is the new standard and the new routine. Using evidence-based insight into solving problems, managers will create an environment that supplies opportunities for all individuals and communities to fulfil their potential.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Team Leader to join our team, at the Customer Experience Centre (CXC).
As leader of people, as a manager you will:
- Work collaboratively to develop strong working relationships and supply a bridge between the council and the communities it serves;
- Embrace change and strive for improvement continuously.
- Provide value for money to ensure services are delivered in a prompt fashion, combining sustainability with quality
- Challenge the status quo, enable, and empower, act with integrity
- Together, provide services that the people of Walsall will be proud of.
The CXC is the first line of contact to numerous Council Services that supply support for both our residents and businesses in Walsall and CXC is actively involved in promoting positive change across the council, for example shifts to the use of digital channels and to assist Walsall council to achieve/maintain compliance with accessibility regulations.
The main purpose of the role is
- To lead and oversee an operational team of customer advisers, ensuring they deliver a high level of customer experience while promoting a positive working culture and championing new ways of working.
- To find and develop opportunities for continuous improvement and the use of digital channels for customer access and management.
The successful candidate will
- Lead change in procedure and policy based on issues encountered
- Work innovatively to resolve issues that have been escalated by either the Customer Adviser or Senior Customer Adviser
- Demonstrate our values and behaviours and encourage this in other team members - representing the council appropriately within a customer facing position.
- Unlock talent and maximise potential - spotting positive attributes in staff and encouraging further
- Lead on team performance, supplying procedural updates where appropriate to ensure a better service.
- Record metrics to give a view on performance.
- Lead on managing resources ensuring value for money on all council spend within our own control
Please note there is a requirement to support with our out of hours provision on a rota basis as a part of this role.
Read more about our benefits at https://go.walsall.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers-/benefits-of-working-for-us
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact: Kiran Grewal-Lehal Kiran.Lehal@walsall.gov.uk
View Job Description and Employee Specification Important note:
When completing your online application form, you will be asked to enter supporting information. You must enter a detailed supporting information statement describing how your skills, abilities and experience meet the specific criteria included in the employee specification. If you do not include a supporting information statement, you will not be shortlisted. Please do not add a CV as we do not accept them.
Please see our Information for Applicants
leaflet for further information. Closing date for applications: 14 February 2024 Interview dates w/c 26 February 2024This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The post holder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English. For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identify and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central governments and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).