Required for April 2024, or as soon as possible
There is an exciting opportunity to join the dedicated team at Uplands Manor Primary School as our SENCO.
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled practitioner who has the vision, expertise and determination to work tirelessly to improve outcomes for SEND children at Uplands Manor, alongside our Assistant Head Teacher for Pastoral and Inclusion.
The successful candidate will be part of our leadership team, and is expected to be an effective teacher with recent experience of working with or overseeing the provision for children with a range of SEND.
The role will include:
- A weekly teaching commitment in The Lodge – our SEND Unit for children with SLD
- Having responsibility for the oversight and management of medical needs across the school
- Supporting teachers and teaching assistants in planning to meet the needs of children with SEND
- The line management of some of our teaching assistants working with children with SEND
- Carrying out observations and assessments across school, and advising on provision
- Working with families of children with complex needs
- Leading meetings and engaging with external agencies
- The analysis of data at school, local and national level and to use the data effectively to identify priorities for individual pupils’ progress as well as whole school improvement.
- The completion of legal and statutory paperwork in relation to SEND
For an application pack, please contact Denise Fowler by email at email@example.com..sch.uk. Alternatively, you can download application packs from our school website at www.uplandsmanor.sch.lfe. Completed application forms should be returned by email directly to Denise Fowler at the email address above.
- Applications will close at 12pm on Thursday 22nd February 2024
- Interviews will take place on Monday 26th February 2024
Leadership point 1-4 (£47,185- £50,807 per annum)
Uplands Manor Primary School, Addenbrooke Road, Smethwick B67 6HT
12pm on Thursday 22nd February 2024