At Sandwell Children’s Trust we strive for excellence to improve the lives of children. Our ‘Sandwell Deal’, brings together our new improved offering that make Sandwell Children’s Trust a great place to work; it also sets out our expectations of you as a member of staff.
What we can offer you:-
- A market supplement of £2,500 per annum.
- Retention bonus of £2,000 in year 1, £3,000 in year 2 and £5,000 in year 3.
- Generous annual leave of up to 31 days, plus 5 additional days for long service recognition.
- Your birthday off paid in addition to annual leave entitlement and 8 Bank Holidays, plus a concessionary day at Christmas.
- You will receive a generous local government career average pension scheme with employer contributions of 21.6%.
- We recognise individual loyalty with service awards from 2, 5, 10 and every 5 years onwards.
- Flexible working patterns that suit you and all of our roles have well-defined career progression.
- We provide competitive expenses for both mileage (55p per mile) and subsistence, plus access to a comprehensive employee benefits scheme.
Please visit The Sandwell Deal via this hyperlink
To support this, we are recruiting for exceptional Social Workers to join the Assessment & Intervention Teams who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
We are proud to create an environment where our employees are nurtured, caseloads are manageable and continuous professional development is encouraged. With a culture of collaborative working and the child at the heart of everything we do, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Trust.
In return, we are recruiting for exceptional Social Workers who will have high aspirations for our children, strive to make a difference and change children’s lives for the better.
As a Social Worker in one of the Child Protection & Court Teams you will: -
- Work alongside the Assessment & Intervention Teams and be based in the same locality; these teams will respond swiftly when children’s needs are more acute, and risks are higher;
- Work in an organised and planned way to ensure timescales set by the Trust and the Court are consistently met;
- Produce reports for Court, write court statements, care plans and assessments in a succinct manner, demonstrating highly attuned skills in gathering, assessing and analysing key information leading to evidenced-based recommendations for children;
- Represent the Trust in giving evidence in Court.
Based in a locality model with a focus on good quality assessments and dynamic planning which deliver timely evidence-based interventions and the progress of pre-proceedings/care proceedings through to permanency planning, this service will strengthen partnership working with families in local communities.
About you: -
- You will need to have a recognised professional Social Work qualification and be registered with Social Work England;
- Have completed your ASYE programme;
- Have a good level of experience of working in a children and families setting;
- Have a good knowledge of minimum standards and be able to achieve our expectation for promoting change in family life;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions;
- Good knowledge of child development.
When people join the team at Sandwell they say it feels like they become part of the family…they have #ComeHomeToSandwell. With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our Family.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
If you require further information on the role or working for us please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our Recruitment Team will be happy to give you a call.
Please note that pre-employment checks will be carried out in line with the Department for Education KCSIE Guidance 2022.
To apply please click on the apply button below
*Pay rate is inclusive of market supplement
*Terms & Conditions apply for relocation allowance
Band F Job description & person specification
Band G Job description & person specification
Employee Benefits Offering