We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Teacher of Computing to join the Computing Department, which sits within the Mathematics Faculty. Working alongside the Head of Computing, the successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. The successful applicant will have the ability to successfully and effectively teach Computing in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
The faculty is at an exciting point in its development and enjoying considerable success in public exams at all levels. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, inspirational professional to help lead the faculty and Computing through the next exciting phase of its development.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- Investment into extra non-contact time for all teachers to support the planning, preparation and assessment of lessons.
- An ever-growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first-rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to best practice in all we do.
- All applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications will only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer. In the case of teachers, one reference must come from your most recent headteacher.
- Once a written reference has been received, we will contact the referee by telephone to confirm the provenance of that reference.
- If shortlisted, online searches will be carried out, in order to help identify any incidents or issues that have happened and are publicly available online, which the school might want to explore with the applicant at interview.
- If shortlisted, we will request a portrait photo of you to attach to your file and to help confirm your identity.
- If appointed, the successful applicant will be informed that the appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of the following checks: the right to work in the UK, qualifications requirements, satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure, the Criminal Record Self-Declaration Form, teacher prohibition and barred list checks, pre-employment medical screening and satisfactory references (if not already received).
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on email@example.com or telephone 01785 223490. The closing date for applications is: 1.30pm, Friday 23rd February 2024.
Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting for this post will take place on Friday 23rd February 2024 and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 5pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 26th February 2024. They will include a tour around the school, meetings with the Faculty, delivery of a lesson and interviews for the short-listed candidates. Further details of the lesson will be sent out to the successful candidates.