Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with special educational needs? Are you a dedicated and experienced educator looking for an exciting opportunity to lead and support inclusive practices within a dynamic school environment? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
The Rawlett School holds a strong local reputation built on a legacy of success, fostering remarkable students who are encouraged to explore their unique qualities. With a collaborative ethos, we prioritise both academic excellence and broader personal growth, promoting confidence and enthusiasm among our students. Visitors often note the academy's positive atmosphere and active, respectful lessons within a calm learning environment. Leadership permeates every aspect of our curriculum, with students empowered to lead and prepare their peers for lifelong learning.
The Rawlett School is a preferred local academy, experiencing increasing popularity due to strong learning partnerships and a commitment to uncovering the remarkable in every student, backed by support from Academies Enterprise Trust.
As our SENCO, you will play a pivotal role in championing inclusive practices and leading the provision of support for students with special educational needs. Working closely with teachers, support staff, parents, and external agencies, you will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and meeting the individual needs of students with SEN, ensuring they receive the appropriate support to achieve their full potential.
- Identify and assess the special educational needs of students, collaborating with relevant stakeholders to develop and implement personalized support plans.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to teachers and staff on best practices for supporting students with SEN in the classroom.
- Coordinate and monitor the provision of support services and resources, both within the school and with external agencies.
- Monitor the progress of students with SEN, conducting regular reviews of support plans and making adjustments as necessary to ensure their ongoing success.
- Advocate for students with SEN and their families, ensuring their voices are heard and their rights upheld within the school community.
Why Join Us:
- Opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of students with special educational needs.
- Supportive and inclusive school community committed to continuous improvement and professional development.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
School visits are welcome, to arrange please contact Natalie Moran: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23rd February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.