Manor Hall Academy Trust
About this Role
Manor Abbey School will be an 11–16-day school with 70 planned places. The School will meet the needs of students with an EHCP for Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties with additional needs. The new school is scheduled to open in Abbey Hulton, Stoke on Trent in September 2024 with an initial intake of 30 pupils in year 7 and 8. The school will progressively fill over 4 years until it reaches capacity.
What does the role involve?
The Business Manager will be the school’s leading finance and site operations professional. They will work under the direction of the Head of School to contribute to strategic planning, development, and monitoring of support services within school. Taking effective responsibility for finance, human resources, Health and Safety, and facilities management.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Advise the Headteacher and Governors on financial policy and business plans.
- Provide financial management information to, and directly advise, the SLT (Senior Leadership Team).
- Managing school funds and budget.
- Manage and maintain confidential HR records.
- Process all HR documentation, appointments, contractual changes, and leaver information.
- Completion of appropriate forms to ensure contractual and payroll information is produced and accurately maintained.
- Line management of Support and Site staff.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the schools Health and Safety policies and procedures, including liaising with the site manager, coordination with governors, and ensuring that appropriate reporting and record-keeping is maintained.
- Oversee the school premises, including school housekeeping, repairs and maintenance, development of buildings and the provision of furnishing.
- To write the School Health and Safety Policy for approval by the Governor
- To continuously monitor and review the Health and Safety policy
What we are looking for:
- A dedicated and inspired individual who can contribute to our journey towards developing this new school.
- Several years’ experience working in a business environment at a management level.
- Demonstrable experience of financial management.
- You should be qualified to Degree level in Business and Administration or NCSL Diploma in School Business Management, or equivalent qualification, or experience in relevant discipline.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification on My New Term for full details of requirements.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent working environment.
- Support for your role with a dedicated school and central team.
- Continued professional development opportunities.
- Pay progression and recognition of continuous service.
- Generous local government pension scheme.
- 7 weeks leave per year including bank holidays
We can also offer you access to comprehensive and flexible Employee Assistance Programmes which include;
- Tech Schemes
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Online gym classes
- Health and wellbeing support and advice e.g., Men's Health, Wellbeing Action Plans, Better Sleep, Relaxation and Meditation, Understanding Menopause.
- Financial advice services
- Think Well, fast track counselling service
- Eye-sight testing
- Retail discounts in supermarkets, high street shops, restaurants and days out.
- Onsite catering and free car parking.
If appointed, you will work as part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to ensure that the school meets its educational aims and contribute to the strategic planning of the development of the business and facilities functions.
Full information about our school can be found on our website manorabbey.uk
How to Apply
Please follow the link to submit your application via MyNewTerm
Manor Hall Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be appointed subject to Enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks, including right to work, confirmation of appropriate qualifications and professional references.
Please also note that if you are shortlisted for the role, we may conduct an online search as part of our due diligence on the shortlisted candidates. This may help identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, which may indicate that you are unsuitable to work with children, and that we may want to explore with you at interview.
Please follow the link to access the Manor Hall Academy Trust Policies on Safer Recruitment, Online Searches and Data Protection Manor Hall Academy Trust Policies