Class Teacher and Leader of Learning
St. Chad’s C.E. (VC) Primary School
St. Michael Road, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 6SN
Tel: 01543 512000 Fax: 01543 512003
Achieve through Belief Website: www.st-chads-lichfield.staffs.sch.uk
Class Teacher and Leader of Learning – St. Chad’s C.E. (VC) Primary School
Location: St. Chad’s C.E. (VC) Primary School, Lichfield
Employer: Staffordshire County Council
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Working pattern: Standard
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 13th September 2017 5.00pm
Salary Range (Main Scale): £22.467 - £33,160 plus TLR2.1 £2640 (Subject to Teachers’ Terms and Conditions)
St. Chad’s is a one-form entry Primary School in Lichfield with 212 pupils on roll and a Governor Run Nursery with 40+ children on roll.
Required for January 2018
Are you determined, driven and committed to ensuring that all children achieve highly?
Due to the promotion of the previous post-holder to Deputy Headteacher at another school, the governors of St. Chad’s Primary School wish to appoint a motivated and highly skilled teacher to join their leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop successful leadership skills within a supportive, professional and forward thinking learning environment.
We are proud of our:
- pupils who love to learn
- caring, dedicated and knowledgeable team of staff and governors
- high expectations for all, with drive and vision for continuing school improvement
- strong partnership with St.Chad’s Church
- committed support from families and our Parent School Association
- commitment to everyone’s continuing professional development
We are looking for a person to provide inspirational subject leadership of Maths across the school and to take on the role of Phase leader for Nursery, Reception and Key Stage One. This post will incorporate a role on our Strategic Leadership Team with scope to influence whole school improvement of teaching and learning.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an excellent, innovative and flexible practitioner who has demonstrated the ability to accelerate pupil progress through creative and challenging teaching and is confident to teach across the Primary age range
- can demonstrate how they drive enthusiasm and high expectations in others to raise standards
- is committed to an inclusive education for all and has high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour for all groups of pupils
- is able to develop whole school initiatives by inspiring, motivating and supporting staff and parents/carers through effective communication skills
- is ambitious and committed to their own continuing professional development
The Leader of Learning will have responsibility for a class but will receive regular dedicated leadership time to support them in carrying out the role.
Please take the opportunity to visit the school by making an appointment with the school office. A completed application form with a letter of application can be sent by post to the school or by e-mail to email@example.com
Visits to the school are welcomed from the week beginning 3rd July. Please contact the school office to arrange a date and time.
Closing Date: Wednesday 13th September 2017, 5.00pm;
Shortlisting: Thursday 14th September – candidates selected for interview will be notified by telephone
and email by Friday 15th September;
Teaching observations: Monday 18th or Tuesday 19th September;
Interviews: Thursday 21st September.
Completed application forms supported by letters of application should be returned directly to the school office or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications from NQTs are most welcome.
St. Chad’s CE (VC) Primary School
St Michael Road
Tel: 01543 512000
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions. Further details regarding this check and Staffordshire County Council’s employment policy will be found with the guidance notes.