Cover Co-Ordinator/School Secretary
Hall Green School (An Academy), Southam Road, Hall Green, Birmingham, B28 OAA
Full-time, term-time only
Contract Term: One year in the first instance
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team in a successful School Office for September 2017. We are looking for a Cover Co-ordinator/School Secretary who will:
- be responsible for all staff cover arrangements, utilising the school’s internal staff (in line with cover guidelines), cover supervisors and the recognised supply teaching agencies
- remain aware of all teacher absences, to keep a log of absences, including the reason of absence and anticipated date of return to school
- contact supply agencies to find candidates for long-term absences
- maintain the Schools Supply Single Central Record
- find free rooms for staff where appropriate
- update Senior Leaders on matters relating to absence and cover
- undertake clerical/administrative duties including reception and telephone duties, word processing, mail merge, maintenance of databases and reprographics
The successful candidate must have excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to work using their own initiative.
This position is full-time, term-time only, working 36.5 hours per week (excluding a 30 minute lunch break), Monday to Friday with a 7.15 am start. This contract is for one year in the first instance.
Hall Green School is an 11-16 Academy, co-educational and ethnically diverse. We are a popular and heavily oversubscribed institution, described by Ofsted (2016) as ‘a caring, nurturing and inclusive culture’ where the attitudes and behaviour of students are ‘positive, leading to a calm and purposeful learning environment.’
Closing Date: Tuesday 11 July 2017, 12 noon
Please note that all applicants must complete the school’s application form.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check with barred list check.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.