Senior Market Attendant
Coventry Market is looking for a senior market attendant to be responsible for the day to day supervision and deployment of the market attendants in the delivery of operational services ensuring an effective and safe environment for traders and their customers and to deputise for the Market and Street Trading Managers when appropriate.
You will need the:
• Ability to direct and lead the Market Attendant team in performing tasks to defined standards
• Ability to use initiative to make effective decisions to resolve day to day issues or problems
• Ability to use a range of tools, plant, vehicles, battery charging equipment and waste compaction equipment
• Ability to undertake the cleaning of toilets, foul substances and safe removal of needle sharps etc
• Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions
• Ability to effectively lift boxes (e.g. box of bin liners), other objects and debris
• Ability to effectively communicate with managers, staff, contractors, traders and the public and deliver tannoy messages in the assistant manager’s absence
• Ability to work with minimum supervision in a safe and effective way
• Ability to take responsibility for the security and operational service of the Market service as required
• Ability to work shift rotas which include early morning starts, late evening finishes and weekend working
As well as experience in dealing with a range of people in a courteous manner, a full driving licence and the willingness to train as a first aider.
Coventry markets and street trading team is responsible for the provision of markets and street trading activity within the city centre and as such we undertake a wide and interesting range of tasks focused on excellent customer service and commercial viability.
This position offers a challenging and ever-changing role with good levels of responsibility within a friendly small team.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. a generous holiday allowance (starting at 35 days including bank holidays). A range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
37-hour rota including shift work and weekends
9th August 2017
Coventry City Council is clear about its responsibilities in embracing diversity and ensuring we recruit people of a high calibre on the basis of their skills, abilities, and experience. As such we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf