Head of Key Stage 4- The Brades Lodge
The Brades Lodge School educates and supports approximately 35 students in Key Stage 3 & 4 who experience Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties.
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher with the ability to plan and lead our Key Stage 4.
You will be responsible for supporting, monitoring and developing the delivery of Alternative Provisions and our offsite curriculum.
As the Brades Lodge is a small school you will also be required to teach other subjects to a reasonable level at Key Stage 3.
You will be joining a highly motivated team of professionals who are looking to develop an outstanding model of inclusive education.
We have a strong commitment to supporting and training staff.
The successful candidate will:
- plan, prepare and deliver outstanding and innovative lessons with good outcomes
- monitor, support and develop members of the teaching staff
- inspire a love for learning amongst students who have a wide range of needs
- be committed to ensuring that all young people achieve success and to ensure that the outcomes for students are maximised
- have proven ability to motivate young people and staff
- be flexible in both your approach to students and the school itself
- demonstrate a clear understanding of and ability to manage challenging behaviour
- be able to inspire a team of teachers and LSPs to maximise potential and achieve outstanding outcomes
Shenstone Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
‘This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role’
If you are selected for interview and have provided an email address, correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. If you do not receive such an email, please conclude that you have not been short-listed.
Salary: Teacher Main Pay Range £22,467 - £33,160, Upper Pay Range £35,571 - £38,250
Allowances: TLR2b £4398 + SEN £2,085
Individualised Training package and CPD
Contribution to teachers pension scheme
Location: The Brades Lodge School, Lower City Road, Tividale, Oldbury, B69 2HA
Closing Date: Thursday 20th July 2017 at midday
Short listing Date: Friday 21st July 2017
Interview Date: Tuesday 25th July 2017
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application forms and details of the post can be obtained below and returned to:
SIPS Education Limited, Guardian House, Cronehills Linkway, West Bromwich, B70 8GS.
Tel: 0121 296 3000. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates are welcome to visit the school on Tuesday 18th July at 2.30pm, please contact the school office on 0121 552 3125