Student Support Administrator TV26317
Student Support Administrator
Hours negotiable between 37.5 - 41.5 hours per week
40 weeks per year (Term Time + 10 additional days)
Scale point 20 £16,8857 - £18,656
Closing Date 9am 1st August 2017
Interviews take place on Thursday 3rd August 2017
Aldridge School - An Academy is a successful converter academy with a good track record of results at both GCSE and A Level. Our most recent Ofsted inspection (February 2017) rated us as Good in all areas. This is an excellent opportunity for inspired, committed and enthusiastic people to join a thriving department in this popular and successful school. Our motto 'Achieving Excellence Together' is at the heart of our work.
Purpose of the Job
- To provide administrative support for the school’s SEN department.
- To provide administrative support to the SEN Coordinator (SENCO) and SEN department.
- Organise meetings in school for the SENCO, including inviting other participants to meetings.
- Liaise with external agencies and individuals.
- Ensure that the SENCO is briefed for all meetings with relevant correspondence and documents.
- Record, monitor, analyse and act upon a range of student data, including attendance, punctuality, referrals, student voice and academic records from all subject areas on a regular basis.
- Produce reports to demonstrate collated data.
- Use the school’s management information system (SIMS) to input data; retrieve and analyse information.
- Oversee hospitality and refreshments for SENCO visitors and meetings as requested.
- Provide minutes of various SEN meetings.
- Collate individual feedback for students on SEND register and prepare for Annual Reviews.
- Coordinate meetings with parents,
- Assist with parent meetings/open evenings as required,
- Produce and update timetables for the SEN department,
- Organise cover for support staff as and when required,
- Organise internal exam access arrangements,
- Cover for support staff as and when required
- Work directly with students either 1:1 or in the classrooms.
- Lead a lunchtime social club for vulnerable students
- Invigilate and scribe/read for students in exams.
- Keep up to date with any changes in the requirements of SEND administration and reporting.
- To provide general office duties, to support the Office Manager and the admin team.
- Supervise pupils during break times.
- Support with medical requirements of individual students.
- Support with LAC admin as required.
- Child protection admin as required.
In order to deliver the service effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties, however, will fall within the scope of the post, at the appropriate grade.
The successful candidate may also be asked to complete work out of office hours on occasion as their presence will be required at after school meetings and events.
Knowledge and Skills
- Highly organised
- Can use their own initiative and work well in a team
- Excellent time keeping
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE Maths/English A*-C or equivalent)
- Excellent ICT skills particularly using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to provide a high level of service to students, staff, parents and external agencies, maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal contexts
- Ability to engage and work with young people, including those with SEN
- Ability to handle difficult situations effectively
- Ability to manage a diverse workload under pressure
- Positive attitude towards continual professional development
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act
- Knowledge and experience of using SIMS
- Experience working with SEN students
Aldridge School - An Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All applications must be made on the school application form, CVs are not accepted. The post is subject to enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks.
To apply please complete an associate staff application form and covering letter. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information please go to our web site www.aldridgeschool.org/jobs or contact Mrs C Welch 01922 743988 ex 224.