SEN Learning and Behaviour Practitioner TV26217
7 days left
SEN Learning and Behaviour Practitioner
Required September 2017
36.5 hours per week
39 weeks per year (term time + 1 week)
Term time only
Scale point 20 – 24 (£15,997 - £18,205)
Closing Date 9am 1st August 2017
Interviews take place on Thursday 3rd August 2017
Aldridge School - An Academy is a successful converter academy with a good track record of results at both GCSE and A Level. Our most recent Ofsted inspection (February 2017) rated us as Good in all areas. This is an excellent opportunity for inspired, committed and enthusiastic people to join a thriving department in this popular and successful school. Our motto 'Achieving Excellence Together' is at the heart of our work.
- Provide social, emotional and behavioural support for pupils as required. The post holder will plan, prepare and deliver interventions under guidance from the SENCO to support pupils’ readiness to learn in classes and will analyse the impact of these interventions.
- Support pupils in their education, social development and welfare.
- Be flexibly deployed according to the changing needs of the pupils and school.
- Provide cover for absence as required.
- Attend weekly team meetings and make positive contributions.
- Support and train colleagues on matters relating to positive behaviour management
- Lead SEN review meetings as and when required
- Contribute to SEN Learning Profiles
- Liaise with parents, carers and external support agencies
- Supervise pupils during break times and lunch times
- Support with medical requirements of individual students
Knowledge and Skills
- Highly organised
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Can plan, prepare and deliver small group interventions
- Can analyse data accurately
- Can use their own initiative
- Can work well in a team
- Excellent time keeping
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE Maths/English A*-C or equivalent)
- Excellent ICT skills particularly using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to provide a high level of service to students, staff, parents and external agencies, maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal contexts
- Ability to engage and work with challenging young people, including those with SEN
- Ability to handle difficult situations effectively
- Ability to manage a diverse workload under pressure
- Positive attitude towards continual professional development
- Team- Teach trained
- Experience working with SEN students
- HLTA qualification
Aldridge School - An Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All applications must be made on the school application form, CVs are not accepted. The post is subject to enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks.
To apply please complete an associate staff application form and covering letter. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com. For further information please go to our web site www.aldridgeschool.org/jobs or contact Mrs C Welch 01922 743988 ex 224.