1 day left
Apprentice Administrator (2 vacancies)
Place: Ormiston Forge Academy, Wrights Lane , Cradley Heath, West Midlands. B64 6QU. Telephone: 01384 566598
Deadline for applications: Friday 21 July 2017
Salary : Apprenticeship rate £3.50 per hour
Monday-Thursday 8.00am-4.30pm/Friday-8.00am-3.30pm on a rota basis
Total hours per week: 37
Weeks per year: 52
Annual Leave entitlement: 26 days holiday at set times during school holidays
04 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
CV's will not be accepted. Applications must be made using our official application form.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious, smart and motivated individual to begin their career. This role is a key administration position dealing with all aspects of academy administration.
- Undertake responsibilities, duties and work in relation to:
- Word processing
- Presentation materials
- Spreadsheets and databases
- Create and maintain appropriate filing systems both electronic and paper.
- To distribute incoming and outgoing post and internal communication.
- Assist with whole academy mailings.
- To cover Reception as required including answering the telephone, greeting visitors, co-ordinating the visitor sign-in system, handling parental, pupil, staff and visitor queries and receiving deliveries.
- Ensure the office area is always tidy, clean, safe and attractive.
- Admin support with organising events such as Academy production, Achievement evenings, Year 11 and Sixth Form prom.
- To implement fully and positively the Academy’s policy on office procedure.
- Typing up documents including policies, staff bulletins, letters and the newsletter.
- Administering low level first aid.
- Filing and archiving.
- Checking deliveries and ensuring the relevant paperwork is accurate.
- Monitoring stationery stocks.
- Being aware of emergency, security and safeguarding procedures in accordance with Academy policies.
- Use of SIMS (School Information Management System) pupil database.
- To comply with Ormiston Forge Academy Corporate Dress Policy.
- To carry out reasonable tasks from time to time as directed by the Office Manager or Principal.
You will also support the team and the Principal with a wide range of administrative based duties which will allow you to develop a solid understanding of how to work effectively in a busy administrative based environment.
To be considered for an Office Administration Apprenticeship you must have achieved a minimum of GCSE Grade A to C passes in Maths and English
A good level of English and Maths.
A good level of IT skills, especially Excel.
Excellent communication skills and organisational skills.
A desire to start a career within administration.
Strong desire to learn new skills and take on new challenges
Enjoy working as part of a team but willingness to use initiative
Smart appearance, office appropriate
Flexible approach and ability to remain calm under pressure
Sense of humour.
For an application pack please contact Sally-Anne Heywood on 01384 566598 or visit us online at www.ormistonforgeacademy.co.uk/vacancies . Applications should be supported with a covering letter and posted or emailed to the academy at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ormiston Forge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to employment checks including identity, Right To Work, 2 satisfactory references, medical clearance and an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.