Safeguarding Adults Co-ordinator
As our Safeguarding Adults Coordinator with the level of autonomy to drive our agenda, you will further develop our safeguarding arrangements and practice; support our Safeguarding Boards work programme; embed the changes required of the Care Act, and lead our committeemen to further develop ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’ so people are central to all that we do.
We are looking for a talented experienced professional to lead the deliver high quality support to our vulnerable population.
• Leading on ensuring the effective delivery of the statutory responsibilities of the Authority relating to adult safeguarding under the Care Act 2014.
• Identifying and embedding service improvements through audits, quality assurance, identifying training, bench-marking and the interpretation and dissemination of legislation.
• Providing support to front line teams and practitioners in relation to ensuring the principles of Making Safeguarding Personal are embedded alongside adherence to the Care Act 2014
• Substantial post qualifying experience of work within adult services in a health or social care setting
• Previous management experience in a health or social care setting.
• Professional Qualification in Health or Social Care (e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS, RMN, RGN, etc.)
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include working from home (subject to project/service area requirements) and a generous holiday allowance (starting at 35 days including bank holidays). In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Full Time 37 hours
Closing date: 7th Aug 2017
Shortlisting panel meeting: 10th Aug 2017
Interview date: 17th Aug 2017
E qualities Statement
Coventry City Council is clear about its responsibilities in embracing diversity and ensuring we recruit people of a high calibre on the basis of their skills, abilities, and experience. As such we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf