Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant TV26617
Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant
Ryders Hayes School (A Primary Learning Academy)
Role commences: Autumn Term 2017
Salary: Level 2 TA would be between SCP 11-17 based on an FTE of £15,807-£17,772
Level 3 would be between SCP 18-26 based on FTE of £18,070-£23,398
Location: Pelsall, Walsall
Contract type: Casual Supply
Contract term: Zero Hours Contract
Ryders Hayes School is a popular primary school in Pelsall, Walsall. Always at the cutting edge of education, we were one of the first Primary Academy Converters and Teaching Schools in the country. A caring school, we are committed to giving our pupils the opportunity to grow; to learn new skills, and to develop their potential to be the best they can be. Our ‘child centred, learning focused’ approach, reflects our desire to create an environment where young people get the best possible start in life, together with strong parental engagement, to develop a clear set of values and academic attainment as rounded, confident young people, of good character.
The Governing Body is looking to appoint a dynamic and adaptable Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant to join our team from September onwards, who will be able to provide flexible cover for TA colleagues’ short-term absence; release for CPD, and support our continuous provision as a play leader during the lunchtime period, as one of a team of highly effective teaching assistants. The successful candidate should have experience of working in this capacity at least Level 2 and could be supported with a placement for Level 3 if appropriate.
To be successful, you will need:
- to be flexible and adaptable
- to have achieved Level 2 TA standard
- high expectations for yourself and our pupils
- to be a good role model for pupils and colleagues
- to be a team player
- to ensure that all pupils make expected or more progress towards aspirational targets;
- to champion our high standards of pupil behaviour and expectations of good character
- support the development of an inspiring and innovative curriculum;
- uphold the inclusive principles that are integral to our ethos;
- understand the needs of our varied community.
In return, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to make a difference to our happy and successful school.
- a school open to new ideas and willing to embrace change for the good of the school.
- excellent CPD opportunities within our Teaching School.
We warmly invite you to visit our school. Please call the Head Teacher to arrange a visit next week or for an informal conversation on 01922 683008. Application forms and further details are available by contacting the school directly on the above telephone number, by email: email@example.com; or on the website
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th Septemberth, 2017
Interviews will take place Friday, 8th September 2017
Ryders Hayes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.Supporting documents
Ryders Hayes application_form_-_support_staff.doc