Mental Health Social Worker - with AMHP
We are looking for 2 Mental Health Social Workers to work in a multi-disciplinary team with colleagues from other disciplines from both community and residential settings, and to influence and involve the different perspectives presented by those professions where appropriate.
You will be required to work with vulnerable adults who have mental health problems and their carers, helping them to achieve ambitions, take control over their life, building relationships and networks that maintain their independence.
You must have:
- A recognised AMHP qualification (Masters level or previous equivalent)
- A Social Work Qualification (DipSW or equivalent)
- Knowledge of mental heath and how it affects service users and their carers (Lived experience of mental health issues will be an advantage)
- Knowledge of the Community Care Act, Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act
- A professional registration with Health and Social Care Professions Council
* The post holder cannot operate as a AMHP without a recognised qualification.
You must be:
- IT literate
- Willing to work anti-social hours when the job demands it
- Able to drive (unless the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act apply in which case the ability to travel across the Borough)
Posts are available in the following teams:
- Community Mental Health Social Work Team
- Crises Home Treatment Team
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents
Information for applicants