Teaching Assistant - The Linden Centre
The Linden Centre
Key Stage 3 Teaching Assistant
Scale 3, £12,568 - £13,793 per annum
32.5 hours per week
Term time plus one week
The Linden Centre is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, inspirational and innovative Teaching Assistant to join their team of specialist staff in September. The team support children in KS3 who are presenting challenging behaviours which are preventing them from settling effectively to learning.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to improving outcomes for these children and to supporting families and other professionals. The person will provide support for teachers’ programmes of learning, assessment and nurture to support children and young people. These programmes will include supporting learning in the core subjects as well as assessing both the learning and social/emotional needs of the learners and supporting interventions and therapeutic workshops. Experience in recently working with challenging behaviour in a KS3 specialist setting is essential.
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the job description and person specification.
- Evidence of commitment to continued professional and personal development.
- Understanding of the issues relating to the achievement and inclusion of children
- A working knowledge of policies and practice relating to vulnerable learners.
- Understanding of and commitment to Equalities and Inclusion.
- Understanding of child protection/safeguarding issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, both orally and in writing.
- High level of inter-personal skills including the ability to relate well to people from a variety of social, cultural, educational, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain written records of initial assessments and other relevant records.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Confident when working with and managing children and young people.
- Self directed and well organised with the ability to effectively manage time and workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to work constructively as part of a team and establish productive working relationships with others.
- Good timekeeper, reliable and punctual.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.Supporting documents
Linden Centre TA Scale 3 2017