Required from September 2017
15 Hours per week:
Term Time, Permanent, Split Site working across the Federation
This is a truly exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant to join the Penk Valley Federation. We seek candidates who are excited by food and the opportunity to make lunchtimes exceptional for all our pupils.
Our Federation schools are all based within the local area: Marshbrook First School, Princefield First School, St John’s First School, Penkridge Middle School and Wolgarston High School. The vision of the Federation is to take collective responsibility for ensuring that every child and young person in our federation receives an excellent education, achieves high outcomes and realises their potential. All members of staff work incredibly hard to provide the very best education for every child in our care.
Main duties will include:
- Food preparation as directed by the Catering Manager
- Service at morning break and lunch time
- Washing up and general cleaning within kitchen and server areas
- Assisting the Catering Manager and Assistant Cook as required within the needs of the Federation
- Stock checks
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for working alongside and supporting children
- A commitment to teamwork and partnership
- Catering experience preferable although food hygiene/safety training provided along with allergy awareness.
Application forms and job specification are available on the Federation website: www.penkvalley.co.uk
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 14 August 2017- Noon.
Interviews are expected to be held on Thursday 17 August 2017
Completed application forms should be returned to Julie Ablewhite (Federation Business Manager) via email
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Wolgarston High School. Cannock Road, Penkridge, Stafford , ST19 5RX.
"This Authority/school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk