Children's Social Workers (Experienced) - Ref: CH02817
Children’s Social Workers (Experienced) - Ref: CH02817
£31,288 - £36,019 plus relocation package of up to 25% of starting salary (conditions apply)
Walsall Children: Safe, Happy, Learning Well...
It’s a very exciting time to join Walsall Council.
Visit our microsite to find out about how our recently launched social work academy will support your maximum potential as well as;
- How our commitment to reducing caseloads across the service from 20 to 15 for experienced workers will facilitate a return to real social work
- Where effective relationships are at the key driver for positive change with children, young people and their families
- Where restorative practice is the foundation for our social work approach across the service
- How supervisory ratios for managers are reducing in order that they can provide you with regular, reflective supervision and support
To excel, you’ll need a social work qualification and registration with HCPC. For this vacancy we are seeking experienced social workers. We have a separate vacancy where we are inviting applications from newly qualified social workers.
We have current vacancies within:
- Initial Response Service
- Safeguarding & Family Support Service
- Corporate Parenting Service
- Children with Disabilities Team
(Note: A Market Supplement is applied to posts within the Initial Response Service; Social Worker £4,000 and Assistant Team Manager £4,500)
When applying please indicate which team is your preferred option.
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English Langue Fluency Duty for public sector workers.
Closing date: 13 August 2017
Interviews: 30 & 31 August, 1 September
Information for applicants
- Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All correspondence with candidates will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
- This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Candidate Information Pack