Children's Social Workers (ASYE / Newly Qualified) - Ref: CH02917
Children’s Social Workers (ASYE / Newly Qualified) - Ref: CH02917
£28,203 - £32,164 pa
Walsall Children: Safe, Happy, Learning Well...
It’s a very exciting time to join Walsall Council.
Visit our microsite to find out about how our recently launched social work academy will support your maximum potential as well as;
- How our commitment to reducing caseloads across the service will facilitate a return to real social work
- Where effective relationships are at the key driver for positive change with children, young people and their families
- Where restorative practice is the foundation for our social work approach across the service
- How supervisory ratios for managers are reducing in order that they can provide you with regular, reflective supervision and support
To excel, you’ll need a social work qualification and registration with HCPC (or be due to qualify within the next 6-months). For this vacancy we are inviting newly qualified applicants only. We also have a separate vacancy where we are inviting applicants from experienced social workers.
We have opportunities within:
- Safeguarding & Family Support Service
- Corporate Parenting Service
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers.
Closing date: 10 September 2017
Assessments: w/c 18 September 2017
Interviews: 27, 28 & 29 September 2017
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: WM Jobs will be updating the online application form on 30th August. This means that if you wish to apply for this vacancy, which has a closing date of 10th September, you will have two application windows available:
- Up to 4.00 pm on 29th August (candidates who are part way through an application form will lose the information they have completed unless it is submitted before this deadline)
- From 12.00 noon on Thursday 31st August to midnight on 10th September (for new applications)
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
Information for applicants
- Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All correspondence with candidates will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
- This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.
Candidate Information Pack