Day Care Deputy Manager – Lead for Pre-School – The Patch Day Nursery
Fixed Term until: 31st October 2018, Subject to Funding
Required to start as soon as possible
The governors of Old Park Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate Deputy Manager to work in the Patch Day Nursery. We are looking for someone who has the vision, skills and ability to care and provide excellent experiences for young children.
The Deputy Manager will take the lead role throughout our nursery with leading our Pre School room as their main focus. The Post will be a member of our Senior Leadership team and will deputise for the Nursery Manager in her absence alongside other senior leaders.
Old Park Primary school and The Patch Day Nursery were judged as Outstanding following their OfSTED inspection in July 2014.
The post will be based in the day nursery and out of school club working with children from 6 months to 11 Years.
The successful applicant will:
- Be required to have had at least 2 years’ experience of managing a team either as a deputy or room leader.
- Be required to have at least 2 years’ experience of working with 3 to 5 year olds in a
- Pre-school Room as part of a good or outstanding setting
- Hold a level 3 or above recognised qualification in child care and education.
- Have the ability to support the nursery manager in providing high quality and effective day to day care and education for children by planning and providing a caring and stimulating environment full of opportunities and experiences for the children and families to learn from and explore.
- Be required to have the ability and confidence to work alongside parents, carers and other professional’s e.g. health visitors and inclusion support.
- Be able to work as part of a team of qualified and experienced Nursery practitioners and assistants.
- Have the ability to support nursery staff in planning, implementing and evaluating learning experiences.
- This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Old Park Primary School and The Patch Day Nursery are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
For further information and application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Download from our website www.the.patchnursery.com We encourage potential applicants to visit the nursery before applying for the position please call and speak to Emma to make an appointment.
Closing date: Friday 25th August 2017
Interviews week beginning: 4th September 2017
37 hours, 52 weeks per year
Band D SCP 20 – 25 £19,430 - £22,658
The Patch Day Nursery, Old Park Road Wednesbury, WS10 9LX
Friday 25th August 2017