TEACHING ASSISTANT (additional needs)
Full time, 32.5 hours per week, contract will last as long as we have the funding to support the child
Langdale Primary School
Staffs ST5 3QE
Tel 01782 948000
(Please email your applications, do not post as school is closed over the holidays)
WE ARE SEEKING TO APPOINT A TEMPORARY FULLTIME TEACHING ASSISTANT TO WORK WITH A CHILD WITH SPECIFIC LEARNING NEEDS.
- 02 October 2017 start date.
- 32.5 hours.
- Teaching Assistant-ADDITIONAL NEEDS.
- Level 3, Grade 5, SCP 16 – 20, £16,604 - £18, 638
per annum, pro-rata.
- Contract for as long as the school are in receipt of
additional funding to support the child
About the Role:
Teaching Assistant (support a child with additional needs)
We are seeking to interview and appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to start in October 2017.
You will need to be hard working, resilient and able to quickly adapt sessions to meet the needs of the child.
You will need to be prepared to work with a child with additional needs under the direction of a teacher, to use your initiative, knowledge and experience to provide appropriate support to ensure a pupil with additional needs is able to progress and achieve in line with National Expectations. Work may be carried out within the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
To assist the teacher in the following:
Support to Pupils
- Provide 1:1, small group work to support a child with additional needs.
- Provide structured support, including tutorial support, in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers.
- Use specialist knowledge/experience to provide appropriate support to pupils in relation to their individual needs, e.g. behaviour management strategies.
- To contribute to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are set for all pupils.
- Involvement in the development and implementation of Individual Education, Behaviour, Support and Mentoring plans.
Support for the Teacher
- Undertake marking of planned work.
- In conjunction with teacher, record pupils’ progress, provide feedback to appropriate education professionals, e.g. LEA officers, Ofsted Inspectors.
- To support the teacher to develop appropriate learning plans to raise achievement.
- Co-ordinate and organise pupils attending extra-curricular activities/work experience or other out of school activities under guidance of teacher.
- Provide general admin support, for classroom activities.
Support for the Curriculum
- Contribute to curriculum planning, evaluation and implementation.
- Contribute to development of school policies and procedures by participation in working groups.
- The development, preparation and dissemination of appropriate materials.
- Determine the need for, prepare and use specialist equipment, plans and resources to support pupils.
NVQ 3 for Teaching Assistant (or recognized equivalent qualification).
"This Authority/school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk
Application packs are available for immediate download comprising job description & person specification, application form, recruitment monitoring form and guidance notes. Please return application forms by email to email@example.com or by post to the above address.
£16,604 - £18,638
Level 3 Grade 5 Spinal Column Points 16 - 20
25TH SEPTEMBER 2017
25TH SEPTEMBER 2017
29TH SEPTEMBER 2017
Langdale Primary School, Langdale Road, Clayton, Newcastle, Staffs ST5 3QE
Full time, temporary.
Number of Hours:
32.5 hours per week.
Number of Positions:
Children & Lifelong Learning