We are looking for a driven, experienced and commercially aware Transport Manager to be the nominated ‘Operator’ licence holder for the Council.
You will be responsible for the Fleet Management Workshop and MOT testing facility, procurement of the Council fleet of vehicle and overall Transport Compliance.
To succeed in this role you will need to possess:
• Experience of managing a large fleet in accordance with the Council’s Operator licence
• Extensive knowledge of procuring and maintaining a wide range of vehicles
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build excellent working relationships with both internal and external partners
• Good contract management skills
• Ability to lead, motivate and manage groups of staff with different responsibilities and skills
For an informal discussion contact Heidi Marsh-Geyton on 01384 814774.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents