Rednal Hill Junior School, Rednal Birmingham, B45 8QY, Tel: 0121 453 2520
Rednal Hill Junior School is an expanding and popular 3 form entry school located near to the Lickey Hills and developing Longbridge area. We are striving to continue our journey for improvement.
The governors wish to appoint a highly motivated and inspiring candidate to effectively manage and lead SEND provision across the school. This will not be a class based role but candidates will be expected to support underperforming children through group and 1-1 provision. The successful candidate will have strategic responsibility for SEND across the school. You should be a qualified teacher and hold the National SENCO qualification or be willing to work towards completing this qualification.
The successful candidates must have:
- the highest expectations of teaching and learning
- a record of outstanding classroom practice
- excellent organisational skills
- the ability to effectively lead and manage a team and liaise with other professionals
- the capacity to work closely with parent and carers
Your SENCO responsibilities will include:
- advising and supporting class teachers, teaching assistants and pastoral team, enabling them to offer high quality provision to SEND pupils including those with social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- leading a team of support staff to ensure good progress is made by pupils with SEND
- ensuring the school meets all statutory requirements with regards to SEND provision
- liaising with other professionals to ensure that the needs of all pupils are met and co-ordinating the assessment process for children who require an EHCP
- advising and supporting the parents of pupils on the SEN Register
- being part of the SLT team to further improve SEND provision
- involvement with nurture groups
- understanding of attachment theory
- experience of working with vulnerable/disadvantaged pupils
- experience of writing accessibility plans
- experience of ensuring our school website meets all statutory requirements
- A dedicated, hardworking cohesive team who all share the school’s values and ethos
- A supportive Head teacher and Governing Body
- A happy, caring working environment
- Motivated, enthusiastic children.
Closing Date: Friday 1 September 2017, 12pm
Interviews will be held week commencing 11 September 2017
Please note the school is closed for the Summer break and reopens on 4th September 2017. All documents are available to download on the Birmingham City Council website.
Return your completed applications to: email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.