Homeless Prevention Officer
Working in housing can be incredibly rewarding as you can make a real difference to peoples’ lives. We are delighted to have received funding to appoint an experienced housing professional to develop our existing service provision, focusing on homeless prevention and in particular customers at risk of rough sleeping.
Homeless Prevention Officer (2 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Full Time. £20,661 - £22,658 per annum
The post holder will be expected to communicate the rough sleeper prevention service aims, provide assertive outreach, to assess needs and any underlying causes that may result in the customer becoming homeless, advising on options and ensuring their needs are met.
The post holder will be required to work in partnership to provide an integrated homeless prevention programme and to attend meetings and liaise with outside organisations as required.
The post will cover both our Malvern and Wychavon districts.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- To be customer focused and dedicated to providing an excellent service
- Have previous experience of working in a housing or customer service environment
- Be a team player
- Have good I.T. skills
- To be able to prioritise a varied workload
- To be able to deal with difficult situations in a calm and caring manner
- sound working knowledge of housing including underlying causes of homelessness and associated needs such as mental health, substance misuse and alcohol dependency.
- advising and assisting all customers on relatively complex aspects with some focus on partnership working – an aptitude to work with people who may display challenging behaviour
For further information about the role, please contact Elaine Salter, Housing Services Manager on 01386 565241 or Gay Lloyd, Principal Housing Officer on 01386 565292
Closing date: 13 August 2017
Interviews: 23 August 2017Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification