Housing Needs Advisor
Working in housing can be incredibly rewarding as you can make a real difference to peoples’ lives. Due an internal promotion, we currently have excellent opportunities for an experienced housing professional to develop our existing service provision.
The role will focus on the following areas:-
- Supporting customers with housing enquiries and options
- Assess housing needs and give professional housing advice.
- Process housing applications appropriately
- Support customers with housing solutions to meet needs
- Prevention of homelessness
- Investigating cases where homelessness cannot be prevented
- Advising, investigating and determining on complex issues to all customers with high focus on working with partners
To succeed in this role you will need:
- To be customer focused and dedicated to providing an excellent service
- Have previous experience of working in a housing or customer service environment
- Be a team player
- Have good I.T. skills
- To be able to prioritise a varied workload
- To be able to deal with difficult situations in a calm and caring manner
- To have a good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- To have a detailed knowledge of housing related legislation
For further information about the role, please contact Elaine Salter, Housing Services Manager on 01386 565241 or Gay Lloyd, Principal Housing Officer on 01386 565292.
Closing date: 13 August 2017
Interviews: 25 August 2017Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification