To assist in the development and delivery of a youth programme with young people aged 8 -16 at The Gap in line with policies of the Centre.
CURRICULUM & PROGRAMME:
1. Working directly with young people to facilitate their transition to adulthood through informal education programmes, delivering positive activities.
2.To develop positive relationships with young people at the centre.
3.To encourage young people’s participation and empowerment.
4.Following good Equal Opportunities Practice by promoting positive images of disadvantaged groups and challenging stereotypical roles and prejudices. To support the development of strategies for equality of access to youth work provision.
5.To work with other youth workers as part of a team to establish and maintain the youth work programme at the centre.
1.To participate in monitoring and evaluating youth work at the centre before and after sessions.
2.To meet with Youth Work Team Members (as required) to discuss the progress, develop ideas and agreeing actions for the organisation's development.
3.To follow procedures required by the Board of Trustees and The Gap’s Director.
4.To undertake any other additional duties commensurate with the post agreed with the Management Committee and Youth Team Leader.
TRAINING & SUPERVISION:
1.There will be access to support, appraisal and supervision on a regular basis.
2.Training needs will be identified in supervision and training opportunities will be provided.
- Be informed on current issues concerning young people.
- Be able to design and deliver activities with and for young people.
- Be sensitive to the needs of young people and have the ability to relate to them at a meaningful level.
- Be able to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Be able to plan and deliver specific projects that engage young people.
- Ability to converse at ease and relate to young people.
- Understanding of issues affecting young people.
- Understanding of issues around equality of opportunity.
- Have Experience of working with young people in a youth work setting.
- Have Experience of working in a team and on own initiative.
- Possess listening skills, be flexible and creative.
- Honest, reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated.