Senior Contact Worker
The Supervised Contact Team in Dudley is currently recruiting a Senior Contact Worker to join our existing contact team. The purpose of the role is to contribute to the running of the contact service as well as providing supervision and guidance to the staff who are responsible for supervising contact sessions with children and families who require this service. The successful candidates will be required to help assist in the running of the service in the absence of the manager.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships between workers and the local community, colleagues and other agencies so as to promote collaborative working and partnerships.
- Assist the team manager in the development of the team and individuals to enhance their performance by ensuring the provision of supervision, support, NVQ assessment, training and appraisal.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient use of the physical and financial resources.
- Comply with the legal requirements relating to services, standing orders and financial regulations of the department.
- Contribute to the effective management of information which promotes communication between people, the organisation and others and which assists with making informed decisions. To receive, transmit, store and retrieve information in line with good practice and departmental policy.
- Contribute to improvements at work, including the planning, co-ordination and implementation of specific projects and the development of policies, procedures and implementation of quality assurance systems.
- Establish, sustain and disengage from relationships with service users and their families.
- Contribute to the effective physical, social and emotional environment for the safe provision of contact in a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which children and their families can be offered the support, care and guidance they need.
- Contribute to the protection of children from abuse; evaluate the risk of abuse, failure to protect and harm to self and other people and ensure that all matters regarding the care and management of young people are reported in line with departmental policy and procedure.
- Promote people’s equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities and develop, maintain and evaluate systems and structures to promote them.
- Contribute to families rights to receive contact taking into account the individuals health and social well being; assist the individual to maintain a positive contact, sense of self and identity.
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date should a large number of applications be received
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
For further information on Dudley Children's Social Care please go to the attached link: http://www.childrenservicesjobs-dudley.org.uk/
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Job description & person specification