Newbury School Ltd
Giving young people hope and future focus
Newbury School is a new provision right in the heart of Birmingham.
We are a brand new Independent School educating young people between the ages of 11-18.
We are looking for an English Teacher with experience of delivering GCSEs to provide support, guidance and an outstanding education experience to promote the welfare, independence and knowledge of our young people.
As an English Teacher your key tasks:
- To plan and deliver engaging and motivating lessons to the students
- To identify and differentiate for groups of learners within your teaching groups.
- To regularly mark and feedback to students in line with the Schools assessment policy.
- To monitor the progression of students and report to parents and the Headteacher.
- To identify students at risk of underachievement in liaison with the Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher, and ensure that appropriate interventions are in place.
- To uphold and promote the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- To promote the safety and wellbeing of students.
- Consult and liaising with the SLT and other Teachers in the preparation and development of schemes of work and teaching materials.
- To teach English to a high standard and be able to deliver GCSE’s and level 2 qualifications as a minimum requirement.
We are looking for:
- An applicant who is passionate about the care and wellbeing of Young People
- An applicant with excellent communication and listening skills
- An applicant with the capacity to be a mentor and motivate young people
- An applicant who has experience of working with young people within the stated age group
- An applicant who has degree in English or equivalent in a subject related to English.
Please complete the application form and letter of application stating your relevant experience and suitability for the post, no more than 2 sides of A4 to hr@newburyschool. co.uk