Newbury School Ltd
Giving young people hope and future focus
Newbury School is a new provision right in the heart of Birmingham.
We are a brand new Independent School educating young people between the ages of 11-18. We offer hope and future focus to young people who have and who are struggling in main stream school system.
We are looking for a Math’s Teacher with experience of delivering GCSEs to provide support, guidance and an outstanding education experience to promote the welfare, independence and knowledge of our young people.
As a Math’s Teacher your key tasks:
- To plan and deliver engaging and motivating lessons to the students
- To identify and differentiate for groups of learners within your teaching groups.
- To regularly mark and feedback to students in line with the Schools assessment policy.
- To monitor the progression of students and report to parents and the Headteacher.
- To identify students at risk of underachievement in liaison with the Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher, and ensure that appropriate interventions are in place.
- To uphold and promote the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- To promote the safety and wellbeing of students.
- Consult and liaising with the SLT and other Teachers in the preparation and development of schemes of work and teaching materials.
- To teach Maths to a high standard and be able to deliver GCSE’s and level 2 qualifications as a minimum requirement.
We are looking for:
An applicant who is passionate about the care and wellbeing of Young People
An applicant with excellent communication and listening skills
An applicant with the capacity to be a mentor and motivate young people
An applicant who has experience of working with young people within the stated age group
An applicant who has degree in Math’s or equivalent in a subject related to Math’s.
Please complete the application form and letter of application stating your relevant experience and suitability for the post, no more than 2 sides of A4 to hr@newburyschool. co.uk