Support Assistant - Maurice Edelman House
Are you looking to join a passionate and motivated team supporting adults with a learning disability in providing positive outcomes.
If you have answered yes to the above question then joining us as a Support Assistant could be just what you are looking for.
Shift patterns: This is a 24/7 service where we have a range of shifts including; early and late shifts, ie, 7/3 or 2/10pm.
How will I know my shift pattern?
We operate a static four week rolling rota to include early and late shifts. You are required to work every other weekend.
What will I be doing?
Maurice Edelman House provides accommodation and personal care for adults with a learning disability. .
This is a hands–on job in which no two days are the same.
Your duties will include:
• Promote the physical, emotional, social and intellectual well-being of each service user.
• Participate in creating opportunities and choice so that each resident can live the fullest life possible, including accompanying service users in social and leisure activities.
• Assist and encourage each resident in all aspects of their own personal care, e.g. dressing, washing, bathing, assisting where necessary.
• Undertake household tasks, where appropriate, e.g. cooking, laundry and cleaning encouraging the involvement of service users.
• Encourage and support service users to take care of their own and of other's personal belongings.
• Assist in the day-to-day record-keeping on matters pertaining to service users, and alert appropriate individuals of any development causing concern.
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
• Flexible, patient and non–judgemental
• Able to demonstrate good IT and communication skills
• Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
Closing date: 27th August 2017
Interview date: 11th September 2017
Coventry City Council is clear about its responsibilities in embracing diversity and ensuring we recruit people of a high calibre on the basis of their skills, abilities, and experience. As such we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Job Description & Person Specification.pdf