Design & Technology Technician
THE FRIARY SCHOOL
An Arts and Sports College
Headteacher: M J Allman
Eastern Avenue, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 7EW
Web Site: www.friaryschool.com Tel: 01543 267400
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 01543 267499
Design & Technology Technician 25hrs per week: Term-time only
Grade 3: Pts 10 -13 £15,613 – £16,491(FTE)
(Pro rata actual salary range £9,074 - £9,584
Required as soon as possible a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and organised D&T Technician with experience in the following areas:
- The use of metal cutting, milling and turning machines and wood conversion machines
- Clear practical knowledge of health & safety in the workshop
- Oversight of specialised teaching area including maintenance of equipment.
- Supporting teachers in the classroom/workshop
- Planning work to strict deadlines
- Ordering, receiving and accounting for materials and equipment.
Previous experience of working in a similar role within a school environment would be desirable.
An information and application pack can be downloaded from the school website.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
Closing date for applications: 3.00pm Wednesday 23rd August