Quality Improvement Lead (Education)
Are you committed to continuous improvement in schools?
Are you able to work as part of a team to help make the difference between giving our young people a ‘Good’ education and an ‘Outstanding’ one?
The Kedleston Group is committed to providing the highest standards of education to those young people placed within our residential and day schools. At the current time our three residential schools and 5 day schools either have a good or outstanding Ofsted education rating, but we aspire to have all our schools and homes rated as outstanding.
As we enter the new academic year our focus is on ensuring that the schools are appropriately supported to ensure that teaching standards are high, the quality of the curriculum engages even the most challenging young person and that the educational outcomes are the best that they can be.
To achieve this we are looking to recruit an experienced School Improvement Lead to work alongside the Director of Quality and Compliance (Education) and the respective school teams from early in the new academic year.
The key focus of this role will be:
- acting as a critical professional friend to the schools, helping leaders to evaluate their schools’ performance, identify priorities for improvement and plan effective change;
- helping build the schools’ capacity to improve pupils’ progress and achievement and to realise other key outcomes for pupils so that they are well-prepared for the next stage in their life journey;
- contributing to whole-school improvement in the schools, including effective contribution in relation to the independent school standards;
- providing challenge and support for the senior leadership team in the schools;
- providing information to governors on the schools’ performance and development.
The role will require extensive travel between the various residential and day schools and on occasions to the corporate support office in Stockley Park, Uxbridge. Due to the distances involved it may be necessary for the successful applicant to occasionally spend periods of time away from home.
The successful applicant will have at least 2 years-experience in a similar role either within a Local Authority or independent sector education provider. It is also important that they can evidence familiarity with the Ofsted inspection process and supporting schools to achieve ‘good or outstanding’ outcomes in terms of ratings.
Finally, it is essential that they can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all independent specialist school regulations, are IT literate and are a car driver.
If you are interested in finding out more about the position please contact Lee Reed on 07494 366282; alternatively apply by using the button below.
Kedleston Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.