Deputy Headteacher - Moorlands Primary School
6 days left
Required for January 2018
Moorlands Primary School is a Foundation Primary School with pupils ranging from 4 to 11 years of age. The school is situated close to the Wednesbury/West Bromwich boundary and is a full member of the Wednesbury Learning Community Trust and Wednesbury Teaching School Alliance.
The school was built in 1960 with seven classrooms in the main building, a multi-purpose hall and a school kitchen. The school also has its own enclosed but extensive playing fields with a variety of outdoor learning resources.
Moorlands Primary School's Vision
At Moorlands Primary School we aim to educate all children so that they have the skills to become life-long learners as the world evolves. We are a happy, nurturing and caring school, which caters for everyone. We have pupils that grow into confident and tolerant individuals, who embrace their unique qualities. Our staff will provide the challenge and an inspiring curriculum in order to ignite the children’s passion for learning. Our parents will support the school and its core values through their encouragement and partnership in all aspects of school life.
To achieve this, we aim to provide:
- An inspiring curriculum, which leads to exceptional results in Reception, end of Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- Pupils with analytic and reasoning skills.
- Pupils with a wealth of opportunities to experience non-curricular activities to enhance learning.
- Pupils who understand that values are at the heart of who we are, driving what we do and how we do it.
Our ambition: ‘Anything is Possible!”
These words reflect our ambition, drive and belief that EVERYONE at Moorlands Primary School can fulfil their true potential in all aspects of their learning!
If this vision reflects your own values, then you could be the Deputy Head Teacher for us.
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Where values are embedded through all aspects of school life
- Well behaved, kind, caring, happy and hard-working pupils who are enthusiastic about learning
- Highly talented, dedicated and motivated staff which work as a very happy and supportive team.
- A supportive and active Governing Body
- An opportunity to become part of new senior leadership team and work alongside the recently appointed Head Teacher
We are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher who:
- Is passionate and determined to develop the school further on its journey from good to outstanding
- Is an exceptional practitioner, has high expectations and is able to inspire a love of learning
- Has significant and proven leadership experience within a primary school
- Is an inspirational leader who is able to motivate and empower staff and children
- Has played a key role in raising standards and improving teaching and learning
- Has excellent interpersonal skills in order to develop strong relationships with parents, staff, governors and the wider community
- Is able to analyse and interpret data in order to set targets and establish intervention groups which will impact on pupil progress and attainment
- Has a good sense of humour
- A strategic thinker
Moorlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We welcome visits from prospective candidates. Please contact the school office on 0121 556 0352 to arrange a visit.
Application forms are available from and returnable to: Collegiate Academy Trust HR Dept, Shireland Collegiate Academy, Waterloo Road, Smethwick, B66 4ND telephone number: 0121 565 8891 and email address: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th September 2017
Shortlisting: Week beginning 2nd October 2017
Interviews: Week beginning 9th October 2017
Leadership 7-11 £45,290 - £49,976
Moorlands Primary School, Winchester Road, West Bromwich B71 2NZ
Friday 29 September 2017