£31,601 - £35,444
(a market supplement of £1,970 may be applicable for the right candidate)
Rugby Borough Council is seeking to recruit a qualified Solicitor with at least 3 years post qualification experience and able to work with minimum supervision. The team provides legal advice and support across the Council.
The role involves:-
• Acting as the Deputy Monitoring Officer for the Council dealing with all aspects of the Constitution, Governance and Monitoring both Borough and Parish councillors for which a statutory role allowance is awarded.
• Knowledge of Local Government Law with a focus on Licensing, Planning, Employment and providing support in Data Protection and Freedom of Information matters;
• Drafting legal documents and agreements associated with the work of the Council including land matters and contracts;
• Advising Committees (especially Licensing and Planning), Councillors, Chief Officers and all other Council staff in connection with any legal matter affecting the interests of the Council.
• Working as part of, and supporting, a small multi- disciplinary team of professional staff;
• Occasionally preparing and conducting legal proceedings including advocacy in the civil and criminal courts and conducting Planning Appeals and Employment Tribunal hearings as and when required;
You can view full details of this job via our website, where you can also apply
on-line. Please visit www.rugby.gov.uk. If you are unable to apply online please contact 01788 533594, or email: email@example.com for further assistance.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Deborah Tyrrell our Legal Services Manager, on 01788 533551 or Mannie Ketley , our Head of Corporate Resources on 01788 533551.