Home School Link Worker - Sandford Hill Primary School
Sandford Hill Primary is a stimulating and creative school with positive parental and community involvement. We provide an enriched curriculum and nurturing, caring learning environment to help ensure all our children achieve their best.
We are looking to appoint an excellent and dedicated Home School Link Worker (Extended to L6) to start as soon as possible.
We are a large, extremely popular primary school, with an incredibly committed, but fun staff. We have wonderfully behaved children who are keen to learn, whilst following our ethos of 'Thoughtfulness and Respect'. We give a high priority to continued professional development to ensure all our staff are providing quality support for the children and their families.
The successful candidate will support the work of school in raising the achievement and aspirations of vulnerable children and families in particular by:
* Enhancing links between school and parents/carers;
* Providing support to individual children and families where social and emotional issues are proving to be barriers to the child's educational progress;
* Sharing safeguarding responsibilities;
* Supporting attendance procedures;
* Leading Community and adult learning activities;
* Supporting disadvantaged pupils with additional opportunities.
In return we offer:
* enthusiastic, welcoming and friendly children;
* an experienced, hard-working, fun and supportive team of staff, governors and parents;
* a friendly, happy, stimulating workplace.
Closing date for applications: 12pm at Fri 22nd Sept 17
Interviews will be held on Fri 29th Sept 17
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. For any queries, to arrange a visit or to receive an application pack, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/