Senior Highway Engineer
Please only apply for this post if you possess the minimum qualifications and experience outlined in the Person Specification.
* In a relevant discipline you need to possess either:-
a) Incorporated Engineer status and a significant knowledge of the work areas associated with this post;
b) Chartered Engineer, CEng.
The successful candidate will be required to:
* Demonstrate excellent inter-personal skills, including the abilities to communicate at all levels as well as being able to supervise, motivate and improve those staff for which you are responsible.
* Demonstrate excellent communication, organisational and problem-solving skills, and are able to make effective, well thought out and balanced decisions.
* Demonstrate sound judgement, be able to work independently and to possess good persuasion and negotiation skills.
The key duties and responsibilities of this post include:-
* Line management responsibility for the effective management of a small team of Engineers and Technicians.
* To undertake the initial assessment and feasibility of large and medium sized, complex, highway and transport schemes.
* To undertake highway infrastructure design in accordance current design standards.
* To undertake and oversee the feasibility, costing, project management and implementation of medium and large scale, often complex highway engineering projects in accordance with both current industry best practice and project management procedures.
* To prepare and administer contract documentation whilst keeping abreast of new forms of construction contracts.
* To act as Project Manager under the NEC3 Form of Contract for projects in the construction phase.