Assistant Team Manager (Adult Social Care)
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Assistant Team Manager (Adult Social Care) to successfully lead, support and inspire a team of social workers to deliver the best quality and personalised adult social care services to the people of Dudley. You will need to be forward thinking, solution focussed, and committed to delivering a quality service whilst implementing change.
The service works closely with a Multi Disciplinary Team supporting adults with a range of disabilities who require ongoing co-ordination of their care and support needs or who have a level of complexity to their needs that require specialist intervention.
You will be responsible for the day to day operational management of a team of social workers, undertaking staff supervisions, and responding to Safeguarding concerns, ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers, delivering a personalised quality service, promoting independence, choice, control, inclusion and achieving resolution.
This post is full time. Dudley MBC is totally committed to the development and wellbeing of its staff / managers and has an effective agile working policy in place. Dudley MBC has a good reputation for the retention of its staff, creating a culture of strong working relationships and creating a caring environment for staff to thrive in.
- You will need to be a qualified Social Worker with a HCPC Registration.
- Significant post qualification experience as a Social Worker and preferably some experience of working with people with a range of disabilities / complex needs.
- Experience of providing supervision for social workers and managing workloads.
- Be able to make effective and informed decisions and working towards deadlines.
Please see the Job Description and person specification for the full list of requirements.
Our Offer to you
- Staff hold manageable caseloads
- Agile working policy / Arrangements in place
- Access to regular supervision and a full induction
- Mentoring and personal development
- Supportive Leadership Team
- Access to opportunities for Learning and Development in post for career progression and ongoing development
- Competitive Salary
- Friendly, caring and supportive environment to work within.
- Generous Annual leave
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
This post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please contact Donna Patel on 01384 81 3252 or via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification