Deputy Headteacher - Holy Name Catholic Primary School
The Governors of this very popular and over-subscribed school are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational practising Catholic to join our team from January 2018. We were inspected by OFSTED in January 2017 and judged to be ‘GOOD’ in all areas.
We welcome applications from those who can demonstrate how they:
- Have a deep understanding of the Catholic faith and can translate this into a strong commitment to the Catholic Mission of the school
- Are outstanding in their classroom practice, securing strong pupil progress and achievement (and can firmly evidence this)
- Have experience of effective school improvement and self-evaluation
- Are creative, forward thinking and highly skilled with suitable successful experience in leading and managing areas of school development
- Are a strategic thinker with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate staff
We offer the successful candidate:
- A happy and caring school with an ethos based on our Catholic foundation (‘Staff morale is high.’ OFSTED January 2017)
- An inclusive school with enthusiastic, well-behaved children who enjoy learning (‘The school has a calm and orderly atmosphere. Pupils are polite and well mannered.’ OFSTED January 2017)
- A very supportive and welcoming staff and governing body where you will be valued as an important part of our team
- A warm welcome and excellent support from parents and the parish community
- Effective and continuing professional development
- A non-class based role
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons, and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young persons. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and sign the CES contract of employment.
Visits to school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school on 0121 357 3216, to arrange this.
Application information is available for download on this webpage – please do not contact the school to request application information. Completed applications should be returned directly to school.
Closing date: 12.00pm on Monday 2nd October 2017
Leadership 8 – 12 £46,335 - £51,127
Holy Name Catholic Primary School, Cross Lane, Great Barr, B43 6LN
12.00pm on Monday 2nd October 2017Supporting documents