Assistant Headteacher - The Meadows Sports College
The Meadows Sports College are inviting applications for the role of Assistant Headteacher.
The successful candidate through their energy, resilience and commitment to success, will have the ability to work with their fellow Senior Leadership Team, Governing Body and wider school community to support our school in embedding recent changes, to enable us to rise to the next level.
Applicants will have leadership skills and be able to help drive and influence the strategic direction of the school.
The successful candidates will:
- Support the SLT to promote a vision and commitment to maintaining and improving high standards for all;
- Work positively with parents, carers, the local authority and outside agencies;
- Be passionate and able to deliver high-quality teaching and learning for students of all abilities;
- Have highly effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Fully understand the demanding nature of SEN provision in education and wider society;
- Be familiar with changes to National Government Policy regarding disability, education, health and welfare;
- Have an understanding of a special needs environment and experience of day to day school leadership.
Application forms are available below and should be returned to SIPS Education Ltd, 2nd Floor Guardian House, Cronehills Linkway, West Bromwich, West Midlands B70 8GS or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require more information about how to apply for the post, please call 0121 296 3000.
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you are selected for interview and have provided an email address, correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
If you are successful in being shortlisted for interview you will be contacted by email within 28 days of the closing date. If you do not receive such an email, please conclude that you have not been shortlisted.
The Meadows Sports College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Alternatively you can visit our website: www.themeadows.sandwell.sch.uk
We positively encourage visits to the school. An appointment on either 18th or 19th September can be organised by contacting the school office on 0121 569 7080.
Hours: Full Time
Grade: Leadership Salary Scale: 11-14 (£49,976 - £53,712 per annum)
Location: The Meadows Sports College, Dudley Road East, Oldbury, West Midlands, B69 3BU
Closing Date: Noon Wednesday 27th September 2017
Shortlisting: Thursday 28th September 2017
Interviews: 16th/17th October 2017
Start Date: January 2018 or sooner if possible subject to satisfactory clearances