Casual Arts Complex Assistant
£15115.00 - £15807.00 p.a. pro rata. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
The Core theatre is a thriving multi-purpose arts venue in the heart of Solihull town centre. Comprising a 336 seat raked theatre and a smaller multi-use Studio seating up to 130 which is equipped for small scale theatrical presentations, music events, workshops, walk-in conferences and a courtyard gallery.
The busy venue hosts a varied mix of professional and amateur events including music, drama, comedy and dance. Events are held almost every night, ranging from local drama groups to national commercial promoters who find the Core Theatre a thriving, successful venue with loyal and supportive audiences. We also run a highly successful pantomime show over Christmas and a programme of daytime weekly classes and activities.
The venue's Encore Eatery serves hot and cold lunch, pre show meals and drinks plus full catering for functions and events daily, and runs two bars, pre show meals for the evening theatre and events.
We are looking for staff to support our existing friendly team of full and part time staff, to continue to provide the high standards of service expected by our patrons.
Arts Complex Assistant – Encore and Ovations
To assist in the running of Encore and Ovations Eatery for events held at the Core Theatre. You will be required to work in all areas including Daytime and Evening shifts and this will vary depending on shows and events.
The role will include: food and drink order and preparation, serving customers, using a till, general cleaning and housekeeping of the kitchen and associated areas. Hours available will include Daytime & alternate weekend workings as these are our normal opening hours.
- To work in a customer environment with customer care and health and safety responsibilities
- Working at Encore and Ovations sales points - Eatery, bar and merchandise stalls
- Food preparation for general service and hospitality throughout the building.
- To undertake general housekeeping duties including clearing tables, keeping the café and kitchen areas clean and the use of the dishwasher
- Maintaining stock for the kitchen, Eatery and Bars
- Preparation of the Eatery for both the daytime and the evening operation including stock work associated with the bar facility
- Moving equipment, preparing areas for the public and clearing up after events
The following skills are required for the post:
- Communication skills, able to communicate verbally with confidence to a wide range of customers
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service in a catering and/or arts/leisure environment at school, college, work or voluntary capacity
- Able to work efficiently with in a team
- Capable of moderate physical activities
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to undertake basic numeracy calculations
Please contact Felicity Page for an informal discussion on 0121 704 6813.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification